Author Topic: Differences in College Level and High School Level Algebra  (Read 382 times)

Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Patient
    • View Profile
Differences in College Level and High School Level Algebra
« on: March 26, 2011, 09:08:25 am »
What do you believe are the biggest differences besides the speed of the class? In my opinion the biggest difference is the use of technology by Colleges as opposed to high schools and in some cases the technology is not helpful because just about anyone could do it!

I think that High School helped you learn more seeing as you were there five days a week and not just 2 or 3. Something like that for people to grasp you need at least 4 days!

What do you think about this debate? Which is better College or High School level?

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ralph

• Patient
    • View Profile
I know in the high school level I learned nothing and it carried over to college level so I am going to have to go with the College level on this one really..

Faster paced along with being a bit more .. "INFORMATIVE" High Schools tend not to be very informative.. :)

Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Patient
    • View Profile
Well, I wouldn't say that they are completely not informative, there are several around KY that are too informative and prepare you for college level, however, some do not and I agree with that statement.

Jared

• Patient
    • View Profile
Our geometry courses in Texas cover too much ground if you ask me.. Wayy to much, it seems as if they are too bent on getting the book covered as opposed to teaching it properly.

Sad.